Jake Roberts Sickened By MJF's Fiery Promo
WWE Hall of Famer Jake “The Snake” Roberts isn’t all that high on MJF’s explosive promo from last week.
The AEW pulled no punches during Dynamite last Wednesday, going at Tony Khan in what was his own version of the pipebomb. Whether it was scripted or not is still the subject of debate and will be for some time still.
Related: Why MJF's Worked Shoot Promo Is Better Than CM Punk's Pipebomb
It’s been reported that some people at AEW are unhappy as they were not aware of the incendiary promo before it actually happened, and it appears that Roberts is one of the people who had a problem with it.
The 67-year-old, who works as Lance Archer’s manager at AEW, said the delivery made him sick.
“For me, it made me sick,” he said on the DDP Snake Pit podcast he runs with DDP (H/T Wrestling Inc.). “It really did. I would love to see what the locker room is like. The bomb that he dropped is going to have repercussions with people.”
On The No-Show
Prior to the pipe bomb, MJF stood paying fans up at a meet and greet scheduled the day before Double or Nothing. It’s a decision Roberts is displeased with too.
“I couldn’t believe he no-showed a signing, man,” he added. “It’s a big thing with Tony, he loves these signings, and he wants these guys there. And for me, you don’t miss stuff like that. This is your fans, your fanbase. These people paid to get in there and you no-showed?”
AEW still hasn’t commented on the promo, but The Salt of the Earth has been removed from the roster and show intros while his merch has been taken off shelves. It’s also been reported that Warner Bros. have demanded that all promotional work from AEW must not include MJF.
TheSportster Podcast has returned! Check out the latest episodes of the show where Jim Parsons and Norman Quarrinton cover the latest news and events happening in the worlds of WWE, AEW and more!
Listen to TheSportster Show here